Jan 16th 2020
Apprentice Youth Worker – Carefree, Redruth
Apprentice Youth Worker
Terms: 30 hours per week
Job Purpose: To work with Carefree and Cornwall Museums Partnership to promote access to museums and culture as part of supporting Carefree in its delivery of youth work. To enable young people in and leaving care to do things for themselves and others. To work with young people in and leaving care, promote positive emotional health and well-being and represent their views to others.
Reports to: Line manager
- Young people in and leaving care
- Staff and volunteers for Carefree
- Foster carers, Social workers, key workers for young people
- Key partners – including Cornwall Museums Partnership
- To ensure that the organisation is meeting the needs of young people in care by involving them in all aspects of Carefree’s work
- To undertake relevant training and accreditation as appropriate, including an Apprenticeship pathway in Youth Work level 2 or 3.
- To work alongside the youth work team to deliver positive activities for young people in and leaving care.
- To support the positive emotional health and well-being of young people in and leaving care.
- To work with Carefree and Cornwall Museums Partnership to support young people to access museums and culture and to promote the new culture card which gives free access to museums.
- To gain experience both as a youth worker at carefree and working within a museum environment for example; front of house reception work or helping with collections and curation.
- To use own care experience, when appropriate and with the necessary support, to role model positive outcomes to other young people
- To support the improvement of Care leaving services across Cornwall
- To represent Carefree at national events, with appropriate support.
- To study for a level 2 or 3 qualification in Youth Work
Terms of employment
Salary: £ 8.33 per hour. Pension contributions matched at up to 5% of salary.
Contract: 30 hours (7 of which will be study hours) on a variable basis with some emphasis on holidays weekends and evenings.
Expenses: All agreed expenses incurred in carrying out the work will be reimbursed. Car mileage from the office to work places can be claimed at 40p per mile, or second-class rail travel.
Notice period: One month on either side.
Location: Based at Carefree, Clinton Passage Redruth (with positive activities being delivered at a range of activity and youth centres across Cornwall)
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Thursday 6 February 2020.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 11 February 2020 at Carefree, Redruth.
All workers are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check