Hours per week: 37
Job Type/Contract type: Permanent
Interview Date: 16 January 2019
Closing Date: 2 January 2019
Salary Range: £45,999 – £55,254
Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has long tradition of culture expression, with the arts and our rich culture heritage underpinning the creative and visitor economy. Now propelled by digital connectivity and content we also have a high-growth creative sector which has seen the number of creative firms in the region increase by 26% from 2011 to 2015. By 2025 the creative industries will be worth £128bn nationally.
Cornwall Council are looking for a Culture and Creative Industries Manager to embrace and advocating for our distinctive offer through the strategic leadership of culture and creative industries policy. This includes development, implementation and delivery of the Culture Strategy for Cornwall, sectoral development for creative industries and ourcreative-tech cluster as well as the strategic and general management of the team; which also includes arts and museum development, the World Heritage Site Partnership, the Archives and Records Service and the Cornish Language Unit.
The post holder will be the Council’s lead professional for culture and creative industries, responding to communities’ ambitions and aspirations and working with stakeholders, partners and businesses to deliver relevant services, programmes and projects, growing the sector to create of high value jobs, maintaining our competitive advantage of world class arts provision and digital content and encouraging cultural and economic inclusion.
They are looking for an individual with a collaborative and agile approach able to use their influence, powers, creativity and abilities to develop and support cultural and creative industries investments and proposals to create attractive, prosperous and safe communities and drive economic growth.
This post is politically restricted under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and is an equal opportunities employer.
More information about working for Cornwall Council is available here
The post holder will have:
– Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent, and evidence of continuous professional development
– Excellent knowledge of the culture and creative industries sector and opportunities in Cornwall
– Excellent understanding of how the cultural sector and the Cornwall’s cultural assets in particular contribute to the Council’s aims and objectives, as well as the CIoS Strategic Economic Plan and 10 Opportunities
– Excellent knowledge and direct experience of funding programmes with relation to developing cultural assets and proven ability to develop successful funding bids, especially to Arts Council England, Heritage Lottery Fund, ERDF, Growth Deal, trusts and foundations
– Thorough understanding of key regional and national agendas, strategies and research relating to the cultural sector and creative economy
– Experience of successful budget management within tight financial limits in a complex organisation
– Excellent interpersonal and partnership engagement skills and ability to increase sector collaboration
– Successful track record of achieving equality of opportunity
– High level of experience in managing all aspects of an operational cultural service including major project development, contract management and staffing.