Digital Leadership Retreat and Seminars
Cornwall Museums Partnership are delighted to have been one of the recipients of DCMS’ Digital Leadership Fund. We are partnering with Bird & Gorton on a series of Digital Leadership seminars and a deep-dive Digital Leadership Retreat in March 2019.
20 – 22 March 2019 at Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall
The Digital Leadership Retreat is designed to build the digital leadership of cultural charities in England.
Who is it for?
The retreat is designed for pairs of leaders from cultural charities, representing both the board (either as chair or trustee) and the management team (either as CEO or senior leader). We have space for five pairs to take part.
What is on offer?
The retreat will be FREE for participants and includes;
- A 2-day deep dive into what digital leadership could mean for your charity, featuring inspiring expert speakers in digital transformation and user-centred design, as well as practical tools to help you build the digital capacity, confidence and connections of your organisation.
- Free accommodation on 20 and 21 March 2019 in single-occupancy rooms at Bedruthan Steps Hotel & Spa, Cornwall. Access to the spa is included.
- Dinner on 20 March, as well as breakfast and lunches on 21 and 22 March.
- An honorarium of £400/pair towards the cost of your time to attend (to go to the organisation and be shared however you choose)
- A bursary of £200/per organisation towards your travel costs.
You will need to arrive to the Bedruthan Steps hotel by 3.30pm on Wednesday 20 March. The retreat will close at 4pm on Friday 22 March.
How could this retreat benefit me?
This digital leadership retreat will provide you with;
- Time: To think strategically about your leadership and the priorities for digital in your organisation, so you can start turning ‘digital strategy’ into action.
- Networks: Across the cultural sector in England, with digital experts, and with other organisations tackling similar challenges in different ways
- Knowledge: Understand the Charity Digital Code and how you can use it to shape practical, relevant, rigorous plans and ways of working in your charity
- Ideas: From inspiring speakers and case studies to inform your approach to developing digital leadership and the benefits this could offer your organisation and its users
- Tools: Practical approaches to get started in leading your organisation to make better use of digital
How will you select participants?
We are looking for pairs who are…
- Curious about how digital and digital leadership could help their charity achieve its mission and increase the benefits it provides to the people it serves
- Collaborative and want to share what they know
- Willing to prioritise this learning and turn on their Out of Office for 2 days
- Represent as diverse a range of cultural charities in England as possible, e.g. different scales, artform/cultural specialisms, locations, user types.
Click here to apply. Applications open on Friday 8 February and close at 5pm on Sunday 24 February. We will notify you if your application has been successful on Tuesday 26 February. Please ensure before applying that you are available to attend on the dates above.
Digital Leadership Seminars
14 March 2019 at Sandy Park, Exeter
15 March 2019 at Sandy Park, Exeter
25 March 2019 at Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall
26 March 2019 at Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall
Are you a cultural leader in England who is curious about digital leadership and how making better use of digital could benefit your charity and the people it serves?
Join us at one of our 1-day Digital Leadership Seminars in March 2019.
By the end of these seminars, you will have;
- A better understanding of what Digital Leadership is and how it applies to your charity’s context
- Gained insights from expert speakers on how you and your teams might overcome digital challenges
- A bank of examples of excellent digital leadership in practice
- Undertaken a digital audit to explore where you are now as an charity and identified your priorities for action
- Shared resources to support your next steps in building the digital leadership of your charity
- Started to develop your network for sharing digital knowledge, skills, and opportunities
About the Seminars
£20 pp – more than one person from an organisation welcome and encouraged. Spaces are limited, please book ASAP to avoid disappointment.
25 or 26 March at Bedruthan Steps, Cornwall and 14 or 15 March at Sandy Park, Exeter.
9.45am Arrivals & Coffee
10am About Digital Leadership & Your Digital Leadership Context
Your Digital Challenges
Sharing examples of Digital Leadership in practice
1pm Lunch (provided)
2pm Who’s it all for?
Your Digital Audit & first steps
Resource share & networking
We have travel bursaries available for attendees: for organisations less than 50 miles, up to £25 per organisation. For attendees travelling 50 miles and over up to £50 per organisation. We encourage attendees to use sustainable transport, public transport and lift share. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this.
Find all of the seminars and how to book on our Events and Courses page here.