Mar 20th 2018
Job Vacancy: Helston Museum – Customer Service Apprentice
Helston Museum is offering an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and dedicated team as a Customer Service Apprentice. Helston Museum is a fun place to work where something different happens each day.
Closing Date – 12th April
Working with a small staff team (Director and Assistant Museum Curator) and over 80 volunteers you will carry out a broad range of roles with a focus on customer service and retail.
- Weekly wage: £234.90
- Working week: 30 hours per week (1 Saturday in 4)
- Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
- Training Provider: Cornwall College
- Apprenticeship standard: Customer Service Practitioner
Daily duties will involve:
- Greeting visitors at the museum reception/shop
- Assisting with the daily presentation of the museum including signage, shop, tourist information point, pop-up cafe and galleries
- Assisting with ordering shop stock, dealing with suppliers and stocktaking
- Merchandising and display of the museum shop
- Managing bookings for events and memory boxes
- Collecting visitor surveys and inputting data online
- Administrative tasks such as photocopying, answering the phone, dealing with enquiries
- Assisting with museum events
- Undertaking any other work as requested by the team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task
- Able to get on with all types of people
- Willingness to learn
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or 4 (or equivalent) are desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a customer service role would be advantageous.
This apprenticeship is supported by Cultivator with funding from the European Social Fund, Arts Council England and Cornwall Council.