What is the Good Governance Programme?
Good Governance is a board development tool that provides practical recommendations to future-proof organisations by building a solid foundation of governance and leadership.
Our team has extensive experience of working with cultural and third sector organisations.
We offer a flexible approach, tailored to your organisation’s circumstances.
We are independent and all our services are confidential. As critical friends, we work in partnership with you.
Why undertake Good Governance?
Impact – Good governance and leadership are the foundations of effective strategy.
Funding – Good Governance will demonstrate to funders and investors that your organisation is serious about good governance and leadership.
Expertise – Good Governance will help your organisation to reflect and review, and to gain expert insights which will help you frame the type of organisation you want to be, what you care about, and how you want to be viewed.
Credibility – Good governance is a hallmark of trusted organisations and demonstrates your commitment to accountability and transparency.
Good Governance Intro
Good Governance Intro is pitched as a refresher for experienced board members or for those new to board positions and can be tailored to your needs.
Fun and informative, it includes:
1. A presentation
2. A number of interactive challenges based on exploring the principles of Good Governance for your organisation
3. A range of follow-on resources and tips
The full Good Governance programme follows a three-stage process.
1. Documentation Review. Organisations share, in confidence, current governance and leadership policies and procedures. If you don’t have the documents don’t worry, we don’t expect you to create anything at this stage.
2. Interviews with Trustees/Board Directors. We speak to all Trustees/Board Directors individually, ideally face-to-face or if that’s not possible, via Skype or Zoom. These conversations generally last between 45 minutes to an hour and help us to understand how governance and leadership are working within the organisation.
3. Your governance action plan. Once we have a thorough understanding of your organisation’s existing governance and leadership protocols and behaviours, we will agree with you on a series of practical recommendations to help better achieve your goals and deliver impact for your stakeholders.
How to apply
To find out more, or register your organisation for Good Governance or Good Governance Intro please email email@example.com or call 01209 500750.
Current and recent clients include:
• Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Digital Skills Partnership
• Cornwall Heritage Trust
• Creative Kernow
• Highlands Museum Forum
• Isle of Wight Cultural Partnership
• Royal West of England Academy
• University of Exeter
• Your Park Bristol and Bath