Cornwall Museums Partnership is a charity that exists to help all museums in Cornwall to thrive, for the benefit of everyone living in and visiting Cornwall. We develop and manage collaborative programmes of work which are designed to help museums raise standards, engage with more people and to be sustainable and resilient. We help museums to do the things that some find difficult to do on their own including advocacy, audience development, fundraising and workforce development.
Possible start date: 18/05/2018
Programme duration: 12 months
The successful candidate will be joining our small and supportive team based at Krowji in Redruth. You will be working primarily alongside the finance manager and business development manager to undertake a wide range of duties including:
- Inputting financial information into the bookkeeping system and helping to maintain the accounting records.
- Undertaking general administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying and answering the telephone.
- Managing booking of external events and projects.
- Ordering any stationery or general office supplies that may be required by the team.
- Maintaining data within the new database once it is fully set up.
- Contacting museums to collect data (for example their visitor numbers).
- Supporting the team to run training events when required.
- Undertaking any other work as requested by the team.
You will be expected to manage your own workload so an organised person with good attention to detail would do well. This role will allow you to develop and grow with excellent support from our team. There are opportunities to attend additional training courses or events to learn more about Cornwall’s cultural and heritage sector to further develop your talents.
For a full job description and additional information please download the pdf document below.
Deadline for applications is the 31st of January.