The Emerging Voices bursary supports museum volunteers or emerging professionals to undertake training, research or placement opportunities that enhance their skills and bring new benefits to their host museum.
We want to support people who are new to museums to take an active role in developing great experiences and sharing their knowledge with the widest possible audiences.
Who can apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Have an existing relationship with your host museum (either as an employee, volunteer or participant in a regular programme of activity e.g. Citizen Curators or Young Curators)
- Demonstrate the skills/training need, the benefit to both you as the applicant and your host museum and how this will lead to new approaches or ways of working.
- Have sought approval from your host museum prior to applying
What can you apply for?
We will consider all applications on their individual merit and the difference they are likely to make.
Applications can be made for attending training, conferences or events, undertaking a placement or research opportunity where this leads to sharing of knowledge with audiences, activity which supports greater collaboration and skill-sharing between museums in Cornwall and organisations elsewhere.
You can apply to cover the costs of training, research, travel, back-fill of your time (if you are a member of staff), and any modest material costs that enables you to put your learning into practice. Equipment costs will not be covered.
What should your application demonstrate?
- Value for money and need. We want to support activity which will bring real value to both the individual and host museum and that would not otherwise happen.
- Collaboration. We want to support individuals, museums and other organisations to work together and to learn and share knowledge with one another.
- Innovation. We want to support activity that will embolden museums to try new or different approaches. (You may not know exactly how you will put your learning into practice prior to applying however you should have demonstrated what you anticipate may happen as a result of your learning opportunity.)
- Inclusive. We want to support activity that shares learning across the organisation with other staff and volunteers and which benefits, and makes a difference to, audiences.
How much can you apply for?
You can apply for between £500 – £2,000.
Sharing the learning
Successful applicants will be required to create two blogs (or vlogs), one prior to/during the activity and the second one after the activity has been completed.
How to apply
Send your completed application form to email@example.com by 9am Friday 24th May.
If you have any questions please call Chloe Hughes, Engagement Lead on 01209 500750.