May 4th 2018
Job Vacancy: Helston Museum – Community Engagement Curator
Helston Museum are offering an opportunity to join our friendly and dedicated team as a Community Engagement Curator. Helston Museum is a fascinating place to work where something different happens each day.
Closing date: 25 May 2018
Interviews: 8 June 2018
Working with a small staff team (Director and Assistant Museum Curator) and over 80 volunteers you will be responsibility for delivering the museum’s National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) engagement targets identified within Cornwall Museum Partnership’s application to the Arts Council England for 2018-2021.
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata + pension
Hours: 3 days per week – flexible working but will include some evenings and Saturdays
Contract: Three years subject to continuation of ACE NPO funding
Place of work: Helston Museum, Market Place, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8TH
Responsible to: Director
Responsible for: Volunteers
- Expand the work of the museum to engage with a higher number of people whose lives are more severely affected by disability or ill health in partnership with local voluntary sector
- Develop projects with older people in partnership with care homes and care settings
- Engage more children and young people with the museum
- Develop and deliver new programmes for children and young people with autism
- Support the volunteering programme including a new project to recruit Trainee Curators
- Develop programmes of community-led interventions and co-produced exhibitions
- Work across the consortium of NPO museums to develop a collaborative Arts Award programme, including offering Arts Award as part of work experience and specific projects for under-achieving children, and disadvantaged young people.
- Assist in recruiting and supporting Young Curators who complete Arts Awards and be involved in creating online previews and exhibition reviews using a range of digital tools
- Fundraising and reporting