Equip your Facilitator's Toolkit
This September we are excited to be offering a fantastic training opportunity for people who facilitate meetings, events, and workshops based in the South West.
The two-day ‘Facilitator’s Toolkit’ workshop, delivered by the Association of Facilitators, is a short course that will refresh the basics of facilitator style and provide you with new ways and confidence to lead groups and teams with a focus on assertiveness for facilitators. It is designed for those who want to consolidate, broaden and enliven their style of facilitation. You will be provided with facilitation models, tools and tips.
This is an introductory course in facilitation, but it is not basic. If you are looking for a core facilitation model, and are keen to develop your personal style – then this is for you.
The workshop will explore your role as a group facilitator, paying particular attention to skills practice, and awareness building in the live group setting. Participants will have the opportunity to complete the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Inventory, a short questionnaire designed to identify ones preferred approach to conflict and to broaden one’s skill base. We shall apply assertiveness to the role of facilitator and consider Dimensions of Facilitator Style, a practical toolkit designed to equip you with the confidence and skill to effectively handle group processes and group tasks.
You will learn how to direct and guide groups assertively, this includes leading in cooperative and autonomous ways. You will be encouraged to become aware of your own skills, experience, personality and preferences, and use and flex your facilitator style with self-awareness, authority and personal presence. The topic of Group Dynamics is introduced in the context of choosing an appropriate facilitation style and approach.
Practical skills will include:
- Developing an assertive style
- Managing passive, aggressive, or manipulative behaviours.
- Contracting, setting and managing expectations
- Being a catalyst for learning and development – moving things forward
- Handling emotions, particularly where they hinder group effectiveness
- Challenging and confronting limiting behaviours and attitudes
- Working with the prevailing group dynamics to create positive outcomes
- Planning and structuring a facilitated session
Who is this for?
If you are:
- Working as a consultant, change agent, trainer to a client organisation
- Working within an organisation as a change agent, group/team leader, manager or project manager
- In chairing roles at meetings with a developmental purpose (be that business, charity or education)
- Occasionally called upon to facilitate groups, meetings and teams
- Embarking upon a career in facilitation.
Cost: £425 including the Thomas Kilmann Conflict Inventory
Please contact Clare Pennington if you have any questions, or call us on 01209 500 750